Monday, September 6, 2010

Women... Pshh

1 Corinthians 14: 34-35:
34Let your women keep silence in the churches; for it is not permitted unto them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home; for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Sometimes, the Bible just gets it right. Thanks for showing it to me, Andrew.

Well, I got pulled over for the first time today by a highway patrolman by the name of Whitaker Cochran.  I was going 71 in a 65. He was nice enough, and he seemed to love his job. Luckily, he didn't give me a ticket though, and even more luckily, he chose to pull me over and not the jerk driving the Toyota going 77. All this happened around 9:30 on my way back to school. I had spent most of the day before this helping my dad (sort of helping, anyway) do some landscaping. I mostly just raked and shoveled dirt all day. Not at all interesting. But when I got back to college, I had a great surprise waiting for me... Uncle Victor! And Andrew! And Michael too... They were watching football and yelling.

After they left, however, the real party could get started. I am currently watching Rent!!! This is the third week of Musical Mondays, thus making it an official tradition. I'm pretty excited. I love new traditions, especially ones as good of ideas that they involve musicals. This is actually the second time we are watching Rent, but this is because JP wasn't here for the first time. Usually, Musical Mondays consists solely of Brooke and me, but JP is ok in moderation. We also watched Moulin Rouge. Well, now that the movie is started, I am going to watch it, and stop blogging. Adieu.

No day but today.

4 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right when you say JP in moderation.. That Kid is So annoying. PLUS ALSO I totally rock face at making people cry and what not I believe noone could compete with me because I have just the right amount of hate and sting behind my words, I leave them there with just a glimmer of hope only for it to be crushed by yet another barrage of my padantic words leaving them not only flattened but crushed. PLUS ALSO too If you can't tell I am going to add a Comment blog on the bottom of your blogs that will compliment your own quite nicely yet not steal the thunder. The will obviously begin with this post and hence forth. OH BTW RENT=good ... "Stupid movie..." twice it has punked you.. That is all for my mini blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one silly mini-blogger, Japester. And I agree with in full when you describe your writing technique as a quote unquote 'barrage of pedantic words.' Oh, and nicely done on crushing women and making them cry for over two hours which therefore results in pity-dates. You are one tricky dog; one tricky dog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...noone could compete with me..."
    Challenge accepted...

    ReplyDelete