Saturday, September 11, 2010

Justice; It Feels So Good

Karate Kid. The new one, which I just watched, is incredible.

If there are any Catholic priests reading this, forgive me Father for I have sinned. The nature of my sin is not having seen a classic. I have not... choking up a little bit... seen the original Karate Kid with Pat Marita, God rest his peaceful soul. Mr. Miyagi, you were an inspiration to generations of countless freedom-loving people who weren't really good at much but had a lot of heart. You are dearly missed.

Jackie Chan, Mr. Hon in this movie, is the supremely wise Kung-Fu sensei that teaches the somewhat now ill-fittingly named "karate kid" how to be a man. And a thoroughly hard core fighting man at that. This, my friends, is what America is all about. Going to China and beating them at their own game. Actually, just going to any country and knocking people around will be American enough; it doesn't have to be China.

Remember?

Anybody without a heart (Dad) need not see this movie. However, if you have a heart (me), and you get inspirited seeing justice being done upon the unjust, you will love this movie. Granted, I have not seen the original (sorry); had I seen it, it may have altered my views going in and I may have been comparing it to the original the whole way through. Unencumbered by this weight, I was able to see this movie in the light in which it is supposed to be viewed, which, I suppose, is one good way to look at my uncultured, uneducated ignorance.

But, as I have said, whipping up on countries is America's speciality. Remember Rocky IV? Anyway, I want to apologize if I offended anyone with my picture above, which clearly promotes the use of American history. I may have been slightly insensitive.

Also, today is September 11. Pray for our country, and pray for our soldiers. Don't forget what happened.

2 comments:

  1. I have seen the original Karate Kid! Just a couple of weeks ago, in fact. Actually, it was because I felt like I should before seeing the new one. Still waiting to see the new one. Glad to hear it's wonderful - of course, I already knew it would be, because Jackie Chan is in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy!! We should watch the original Karate Kid together!! I have not seen this classic either...forgive me Father...

    Screw you Ivan Draco!!!

    ReplyDelete