Monday, September 20, 2010

What? Again? Someone's slacking..

... And his name is Thomas Hurt. Not impressed, dear sir.

So congratulations everyone, you get to read another blog by your dear friend, Andrew Jolly. I have a variety of topics to discuss today, some of them being fatties, hard work, and serenading.

I had a lovely day today of going to class, doing homework in class, and taking a test. I had some lunch and did some more homework at my dorm, because I am studious and responsible. I also took a nap for a while and complained to my girlfriend that I felt sickly, but she was legit sick so I kinda felt bad because I felt better after I got to work. Speaking of work, I work at a smoothie making franchise. I am not going to name the specific franchise because I do not want to have them associated with a few of the claims I am going to be making in this blog post. For those colleagues of mine who are familiar with my place of employment, please do not be a total patoote and say where I work. I am legit, too legit to quit about this one.

Don't stop til you get enough, c'mon!


So I worked for four to like, ten tonight. It sucked, I'm not going to lie. But it is work. That's what makes it work. I complain about work a lot, but I still do my job to the best of my abilities. You know what really peels my potatoes and grinds my gears? People who complain about their job and suck at it. You know who you are. You're the person who doesn't want to mop up that last spill you missed the first time. You're that person who chooses to not sweep out from under the nooks and cranies. You're the person who doesn't study his/her part and screws an entire presenting group over (school is a job, shutup). You suck if you're that person and you better get your act together right away. There's a generation rising up... and sitting back down when they get too tired. People are soft. People are lazy. People don't understand what it means to actually work and it makes me livid.

If this is you, eat a bullet.
But really! What's the deal here? I propose a challenge to everyone and the challenge is this: Do hard things. Do your homework when you don't want to, go the extra mile at your job, do things you don't necessarily want to do but need to do. It'll make a difference and it will set you apart from everyone else. I'm not perfect, but striving to be perfect shows something about a person. So what if your homework is hard and you don't wanna read the book you're been assigned. Do you think Abe Lincoln wanted to be president? Probably. But he did a lot of really hard stuff before that so use him as a role model if you have to. Just get off your butt and do it and quit complainin g about how much it sucks.

Now, the reason I bring this up is because today, a co-worker of mine did not do part of their job before leaving their shift. This job was simply re-filling baskets with frozen fruit. I texted them, not trying to be rude, and asked them to make sure they did it next time. Their response was basically "I do it every other time, it's not a big deal, whatever." Yeah, it wasn't a big deal... until I had to make 94 drinks to sell outside of my store. No big deal that I ran out of fruit in the middle of making all my drinks and had to take the time to re-stock it all, adding to my time at work and away from homework and laundry. Luckily, I had to co-workers who came in out of no-where and started helping me close the store down. I'm not really mad at the first co-worker, I just wanted to use them as an example. It takes ten minutes maybe to stock that fruit. Just do it. But it's no big deal, I'm just trying to say... do things you don't wanna do, come on.

Another thing that I want to bring up is fatties coming into my store. Being a fruit smoothie place, we try to be healthy and stuff, but that doesn't mean we serve ONLY healthy things. It kills me seeing people come in who are overweight and get the smoothies that don't even have fruit in them. That's what makes them healthy! Those other ones don't even taste good! They taste like feet!




"Hey broski, that fella said his smoothies taste like us!"
"Gross. I hope no fat people try to eat me."
But really. I'm all for seeing us getting a healthier America. I'm all for people trying to lose weight. I'm also all for people who are comfortable with themselves. If you love being fat, more power to you. But if you're fat, complain about being fat, and continue to pursue fatty mcfatfat habits? You'll stay fat and I will not pity you (I might even mock you, sorry). We offer delicious smoothies that aren't saturated in sugars and gross stuff for you. Try one of those if you're trying to lose some weight, but don't add to your stigma if you're concerned about losing weight. Everything in moderation, right? (This includes body fat. Moderation.)

So the reason Tommy isn't writing a blog is because he's being responsible once again and doing his homework. I'm proud of him, so proud in fact, that I went off and sang him a song while he was reading. Perhaps he will discuss it in his next blog. I'd like that very much if he did, but that's up to him to decide to do... ahem. Anyway. So! Everyone, if you have Tommy's number when you read this, send that fella a text and tell him good job on studying and stuff and not blogging! He's doing a good job and I am very proud of him as a human being. He's a hardworker, not fat, and he's got good sideburns.

Exibit A.
Alright, folks. I believe that's enough for today. I need to sleep and possibly try and call my girlfriend. Did I mention I get to see her next weekend? No? Well I do. And I am quite excited.

This is my excited face and thumb.
Alright, I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

Disclaimer: Again, I want to repeat that I do NOT have an issue with fat people. Some people were raised by their parents with crappy diets, some people have eating disorders, etc. Some people are just big people. My problem is with lazy people. Laziness is a disease. Let's all do our best not to spread it.

No comments:

Post a Comment