Saturday, September 4, 2010

How Are You, Tommy? Oh Me? I'm Tired.

Today (yesterday; because technically, it's after midnight) was the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. I chose to spend it helping my dad and brother work on our sewage system. It was relatively gross, but this is a man's world.

Anyway, for part of the day, my brother and I drained some water out of our pond. While we were out there, he apparently saw some mix-breed rabbit-toad thing jump into the water. I don't quite know about that, but weirder things have happened. And this is a new generation, man; if rabbits and toads can make each other happy, who am I to say anything otherwise? Oh, and I also saw the head of a snake sticking out of the dirt. It was dead because it had been accidentally buried by a bulldozer and couldn't de-bury itself. So it just sat there and starved. Stupid no-armed freaks. Snakes need to get with the times and realize that arms are awesome and grow a pair.

I had an especially delicious dinner tonight. Chicken 'chiladas. They were, to borrow a phrase, "enchiladasome." I know that phrase doesn't make sense, but shut up. After that, (and a few other errands) I went over to Valorie's house to see her once more before she leaves us (America) for Sheol (Wales).

Oh, sad day, by the way. Not only is she leaving, but also the trampoline broke. There are few who will understand the graveness of this, but it is comparable, on a much lesser scale, to the Admiral Twins death. (Rest in Peace) We did have some laughs though, and found that we could still be friends without it, a very nice surprise indeed.

7 comments:

  1. Thomas, I can understand the death of a trampoline. I grieve with you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you, sir. Your sympathy is well-received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get TROGDOG tattooed on my back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night I dreamed that we (me and you and Bobby and Tori and Mom) were all in her bedroom talking, and I looked out of the French doors and saw a snake. The snake then tried to strike me, shattering a pane of glass in the door, and landed in the middle of the floor. I promptly grabbed it behind the head while you or Bob went to get a knife. I think you know what happened next. In the end, we ended up with some snake guts squirting us in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sam. that was graphic. This blog tries to remain PG. And Chad, best idea ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To quote one of the great bloggers of our time, "It was relatively gross, but this is a man's world."

    ReplyDelete