Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Musical Mondays!!!

Today is Musical Monday. Tonight we are watching Across the Universe, a movie which I have seen once a long time ago, and Brooke has not seen it at all. I did not even remotely understand it when I watched it, so hopefully I will understand it as much as is possible this time.

---I started this blog before we watched the movie, and am now finishing it after we watched it. I did in fact understand it this time, but I gotta say, I am not a big fan. I liked most of the songs, however, and seeing Joe Cocker was nice. My favorite scene was the Let it Be scene. It was actually pretty moving for a movie. 

After the wonderful experience of watching Across the Universe (slight sarcasm), we decided that we still hadn't had enough, so we watched another musical, Moonlight Serenade. The only reason I wanted to watch this one was because Amy Adams is in it. She did well and her voice is incredible, but that was one of the cheesiest and most poorly done movies I have ever seen. All of the songs were old bluesy-jazz songs, like Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole style, which was cool, and as I have said, her voice is incredible, so it wasn't too terrible to sit through. But seriously, this movie, for all intents and purposes, is terrible.

There have been better Musical Mondays.

Not much else is going on, actually, and I have very little to write about. Tomorrow, a couple of us in honors are leading group discussion in Sophomore Honors Seminar over the book The Stranger by Albert Camus. It's French. Bleh. Oh, well. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment