Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Stimulation by Conversation" with Your Host, Tommy Hurt

I know for a fact that everybody who meets me is instantaneously impressed and intrigued by my sharp wit and quick tongue, yet the initial impression they get only gives way to deeper and deeper appreciation for my unparalleled intellect and verbal grandeur. Many men find me to be a perfect model of the balance between manhood and tenderness, while women find someone in whom they can confide without worry of being creeped on. Everybody loves me and I will go down in history as a greater man than even Tom Cruise.

We are all only a product of our environment and have little control over our own lives, let alone each other's; yet we are exactly what makes other people what they are. Everybody is influential, yet we possess no real influence because we are too influenced by everybody else to be unique or influential.

Having said that, I would now like to inform you that I have been pondering deep thoughts on subjects of philosophy and the like, and after all of my reasoning (and abandonment of reasoning) I have decided that owls with beards are the wisest owls of all.

Also, I have decided that you (almost every philosopher in history) should never worry about questions with no answer, because you will find that there is no answer, and that can be irritating.

If, however, you are turned on by deep thoughts and enjoy listening to wise, respectful men with mustaches, please feel free to click on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPhj5xXoGh0. Listen to the beauty of this man's simple philosophy and see if you are not just flabbergasted by its merit, loveliness, and charm. I was.

In closing to this short, ill-thought out blog, I would like to leave you all with this small thought:

I am going to marry this woman.
Brandi Carlile just happened to be playing on my iTunes while I was writing this, so I thought maybe she should finally be mentioned in my blog. Ohhh daddy... She will be mine; oh yes. She will be mine.

6 comments:

  1. dadgum, tommy, that last post made me think i might need to issue you a BUI. nacho libre voice: but you know, whatever.

    also, you were claiming BC as your own in a rather creepy way. i have told you before, and now i tell you again, BC is into chicks and also like 10 years older than thou. besides, when are famous people ever not screwed up somehow? rarely. except maybe for amy adams. and now you blew your shot with her in this post.

    don't despair; if i only ever praised your blogs by extending and expanding upon your subject matter, you would get spoiled. rest assured that i love you and think you are awesome. definitely better than tom cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUI? Tommy no understand... I no get acronyms. Is it a fantastic drug, perchance?

    I was claiming her in a Wayne's World way... Not in the Garth way either, which would actually be awesome... Have you seen it? He plays the song Foxy Lady by Hendrix and it's awesome. And Samantha, I got game. I could straighten her out in five seconds if I wanted to. I am cute as a button. Also yeah right. Amy Adams still loves me regardless.

    Thank you for thinking I am better than Tom Cruise, Sam! I know how much you like Mission: Impossibles 1 and 3!

    This cracks me up every time I think about it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKbahQO7GKw

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, to be honest, i considered adding a disclaimer for MI:1. but then i didn't.

    and i thought you knew what a DUI was, which is driving under the influence, and make the connection that i changed the D to B for blogging.

    i'm telling you, tommy. get over that carlile chick. you can do better. you could at least get a lady that likes strong, handsome, witty men with an amusing penchant for history. or you could go crawling back to amy begging for forgiveness. and if you are lucky, she will also think that you are cute as a button and take you back. and if you don't, it will probably only be because it was facetiously suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. BUI. I get it. Clever.

    And I'm telling YOU: we ARE gonna marry; then you'll be sorry! And "amusing penchant"? Hardly. I don't like history; I love it. If I don't love it, I DON'T SWALLOW! (Ratatouille) And, it isn't amusing at all; in fact, I'm afraid it can get rather droll... Not to me, but a woman would soon lose interest. Unless, of course, she were masculine at heart... Like, say, Oh I don't know... Brandi Carlile?!?

    LAWYERED

    ReplyDelete
  5. you do know droll means amusing, right? perhaps you meant dull? and penchant means a strong liking! which is the same as love. i have a website for you: dictionary.com - how do you like them apples?
    and you shouldn't group all straight women into a bored-by-history stereotype. what about the girl in night at the museum? she loved history! and was not at all masculine. i, however, do find history to be QUITE boring unless you are using it to find an awesome treasure while a bad guy is hunting you down. or if it is in the bible. or if is a love story. but most of it is just war and politics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it isn't amusing in a good way... droll, that is. it's like how maybe a crappy movie may make you want to watch it, but at the same time, you're like, "this sucks, but here i am watchin' it."

    and yeah... i guess penchant is pretty strong, but there is no stronger word for "love" than "love". especially when capitalized. as is there no stronger word for "hate" than "hate". at least as far as i am concerned. and as far as english is concerned.

    you are right about that other stuff... but then again, that woman in night at the museum was interested in history in a girly way. she wrote about sacagawea and talked about her motherhood; she said she was the ultimate working mother. not worried about the political aspects of the lewis and clark expedition or anything else about how her help influenced history; just her feelings and gay stuff like that and stuff you said you liked.

    and yeah, i agree about finding treasure with your history powers. that is very fun. and the Bible stuff is usually pretty cool. also, war and politics is the majority; in that you are correct. at least that is the conventional way history is told. sometimes, you go into the people's lives and what they were going through and stuff. history is categorized and such by kings and battles, but that isn't all. if you have five years on your hands and nothing to do, you could look up howard zinn and a people's history of the United States.

    ReplyDelete