Thursday, January 13, 2011

Did You See Us Fighting?

TRAP!!!

That was for some of my friends; if you don't know what I am talking about, then either you don't love me and I don't love you, or you have never seen the outtakes from Serenity. It starred Nathan Fillion, who is very cool, as was the rest of the cast. Serenity is pretty much a futuristic western movie that was made to conclude the TV series Firefly, which was sadly cut short before its time :(
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

So I realize that it has been a while (yet again) since my last post, so I will try to catch you up on a few things that have been going on in my life. Hopefully you will find them int'resting.

I have started watching the show Castle, which also stars Nathan Fillion, about author Richard Castle. Castle has been following around a lady police-cop detective named Kate Beckett (who, I might add, is not too bad on the ol' eyeballs) to get ideas for his novels, which are murder-mysteries. His character is super smart, but mostly hilarious. He has also inadvertently become one of my new heroes. Good for him.

I also realized that my last blog left out a few '80s-isms that simply MUST be mentioned. I made it very clear that I could not get to everything that I wanted to get to concerning the '80s, but I gotta give a shout-out to Fieros and Hall and Oates.
The first time I saw this, my mind exploded. And I died.
Yet I came to life again, and was more alive than ever. True story.
Also, I have finally seen in its entirety, start to finish, and recently, Back to the Future. It was pretty much everything that it is cracked up to be. I liked it anyway, and I figured it would be a good idea to watch it since I mentioned it in my last blog.

Christmas was good, I got a lot of neat stuff, and more importantly got to see my brother-in-law and sister, whom I miss. Now I am back in school, and I think that classes are going to be good this year.

In addition to this, I keep thinking about how much I have changed the last couple of years. I have indeed changed a bit, that's for sure... I used to be better at stuff, like reading and understanding crap. Now I know more stuff, and I comprehend some things better, but it's hard for me to relate a lot of the stuff that I think I understand. I also would say that in some areas I have changed for the better, but I wonder what my younger self would think of me now. Actually, he might not like me a lot, come to think of it... Who knows? Anyway, I can't help but think of Kate Beaton right now, and I like excuses to put her comics in my blog because they are funny. Here is a good one.

I guess life used to be a bit simpler back then; not that it's super complicated at the moment, but I guess there are some biggish decisions coming up, like maybe what on earth to do with my life. Maybe I'll race tigers. Not unlike He-Man. That sounds fulfilling... Why couldn't Past Tommy have had some ambition or direction? Stupid jerk... If Steve Irwin hadn't been maliciously... passed away. If he hadn't passed away is what I mean; then maybe I would have still wanted to work with animals in some way. Or if maybe there had been a career in watching Ninja Turtles and eating Cheetos. Whatever it was I did as a kid. I don't know. Maybe I haven't changed at all. That's scary. 

5 comments:

  1. You could be a professional reviewer! Like a movie critique or a dude that evaluates restaurants and writes about them. You have a nice, easy to read writing style and you enjoy movies, TV, and fine dining so that might be fun. I know plenty of people that have blogs about movies or restaurants and they are sponsored or will get free meals or movie tickets, sounds like a sweet deal. Whatever you do, just have fun with it and you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Brandon, nicely said! Tommy, I know whatever you decide to do, you will be very good at it, and more than likely, the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mom, you're such a mom :) And thanks, Brandon buddy. You are a nice man with delightful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the shout-out, bro. i already miss you. and for what it's worth, i think you can do anything you want. good luck figuring out what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks, Sammy. Come see me on my birthday. Ooooor just move back. Nacho Libre voice: But you know, whatever.

    ReplyDelete