Sunday, December 5, 2010

Life Goes On

You know how the '70s were full of westerns? Are zombie movies the westerns of our time?

I sure do love westerns, I tell you. Also, True Grit? I don't exactly know what to think... Can't NOBODY take a character John Wayne played and play it. NOBODY. Well, maybe "can't" isn't the right word. They shouldn't, how about that? Anyway, I absolutely hate that it actually looks pretty good and is directed by very good directors (the Coen bros.). The original is absolutely awesome, let me tell you. John Wayne is awesome. Rooster Cogburn is awesome. It is very good. Watch it.

I went to a sweater party today... That was fun. There are pics up on Facebook, or "The Facebook," as the kids say. (No they don't; I'm just kidding.) (But there are pics; that much is true. Pictures of me, what's more.) You know what? I believe I shall put one on here for good measure.

Behold
This is me trying to be in a picture with Dr. Ford, but he wasn't looking. I knew that as the picture was being taken, but I made the most of it. (That's Austin on the left of the picture.)

In other news, I have finals this week. I'm not looking forward to those exactly, but I'm not looking forward to finishing my 20-page paper even more-so. It's about Washington, Rochambeau, de Grasse, Cornwallis, and Clinton and the siege of Yorktown. Or something like that... Military History: Do I like it? I guess...

Also, it has been a while since my last post. Sorry. I know that my blogs were an integral part of many of youse guyses' lives; it has been very difficult for you to live without them, I bet.

In response to my saying "youse guyses," why doesn't English have a better way to say plural "you?" Well, there are better ways I suppose, but none that I really like. Just plain old "you" can be plural, but that's stupid.

Um, let's see... What else? Ah, Valorie is supposed to come home on the 20th. That's big... Any other news? Not much that comes to mind... But not much comes to my mind anymore, to tell you the truth.

5 comments:

  1. Don's grandma says "yous" all the time. I personally prefer "y'all" to "yous;" however, I myself use "you guys" if I must emphasize that "you" is plural. Well, now that I've solved that crisis, I'll move on to your next blog post. I've fallen behind, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I don't like westerns or zombie movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Western movies are generally the most wonderful things in the whole wide world, especially Clint Eastwood movies, and even way more especially, JOHN WAYNE movies; the fact that you don't like them makes me think less of you and think that you are stupid. Oh hey, plus also, you should look up a trailer for Cowboys and Aliens. It looks pretty good.

    And yeah I don't really know what to say sometimes. "Ustedes?" Larry Pense says "You'uns."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to have an open mind. Not all awesome people are the same and therefore do not like all the same things. Duh.

    Maybe you should say, "alluhyahl."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really excited about Cowboys and Aliens!! I love Daniel Craig and I believe that it will add what I always thought was missing from Westerns, Science Fiction. Not many movies have the stones to tread the line between those two genres, like the best movie of all time, Wild Wild West.
    I saw True Grit and it was pretty entertaining, I thought that the cast did a pretty good job, and it had some really good humor.
    This is also my favorite picture in the world! It is soo awkward its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete